Summer 2015 project 2: Wind-Up Penguin Peru
The Wind-Up Penguin are extremely excited to introduce their two projects coming up this summer 2015!
Dates: from Tuesday the 18th of August to Wednesday the 9th of September
• Elisabeth Swedlund (founder of Wind-Up Penguin, Bmus4 classical voice). Projects taken part in: all of them.
• Elisabeth Flett (Bmus2 recorder). New member.
• Ana Ikkos-Serrano (Bmus2 classical voice). New member.
• Christian Needle (BA1 Lighting/Sound and Video Designer). New member
• Eleanor Arnot (BA1 Stage and Costume Manager). New member.
In the towns of Lima, Huaraz, Arequipa, and Cuzco.
Our contacts for performances : Karen Insua, Alessandra Remotti, and Claudia Olivas, our contacts from previous volunteering experience in Peru, and Diego Carneiro (of AmaZonArt – see project Brazil).
Number of performances (followed by workshops) : minimum 15
Venues for performances: schools, hospitals, orphanages, organisations for disabled children, and any other organisations for children.
“I want to do the project because I love working with children and I have previous theatre experience, and this trip seemed like the perfect way to combine the two. The Wind-Up Penguin projects are so important – through music and drama we give struggling children the chance to smile, if only for a little while, and give hope to people who otherwise would have none.” Elisabeth Flett, flautist