Romania (2012 and 2013)
A collaboration with the Mark Twain International School of Bucharest saw Wind-Up Penguin’s first projects come to life. Our friends at MTIS produced two tours of vulnerable communities in Romania, over December 2012 and 2013.
We performed our new music-theatre shows at the following venues:
• two shows for school children at Ion Manu Cultural Centre,
• one show in Caritas association for children with Down Syndrome,
• two shows at the Valea Screzii orphanage,
• one show at the ‘Little People’ association for children with cancer at the National Oncology institute,
• one show at the SOS Satele Copiilor children’s community centre,
• one show at the AITA association for children with Autism,
• and two shows at Bucharest inner-city schools.
In addition, 10 workshops were delivered at the Mark Twain International School, Bucharest, in return for their sponsorship of the project. These workshops raised awareness of our mission with the students of the school.
Two classical recitals were also performed: One at the Brasov city hall, and one at a Bucharest music school.
“We struggle to provide shelter and feed the children, but they need also spiritual food . Education is very important , so We apreciate your gift !!! Thank you ! You are allways Welcome!”
Cristian, director of the Valea Screzii orphanage